Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sample Letter of Resigation (Disassociation) to Prevent Shunning/Discipline

[insert your address]
[insert date]

[insert addressee information]

SENT BY US MAIL, REGISTERED, CERTIFIED, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED

To [insert name of church]:

In exercise of my rights under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, I, [insert your name] hereby resign from [insert name of church, and include alternate names if there are any], effective immediately, [insert date].

I hereby declare myself no longer a member

As a non-member, I demand complete freedom from all religious practices, which include but are not limited to discipline and retaliation. Examples of such religious practices may include shunning, intentional infliction of emotional distress, harassment, slander, invasion of privacy, etc.  Should you engage in any such conduct towards me, I will immediately and fully utilize all legal means to stop those acts.

Please refer to the following:
Furthermore, I request immediate, complete, and permanent cessation from all contact from church members. This includes but is not limited to mail, electronic communications, telephone,  and in-person visits taking place at my residence (address noted above), workplace, or elsewhere.  Please be aware that I will consider any in-person visits on private property henceforth to be trespassing, and should that occur, I will utilize all legal means to stop that act, including but not limited to citizen's arrest, civil and criminal complaints.

Thank you in advance for respecting my right to freedom from religion.

Signed, [insert your name and signature]

[insert notary stamp and signature, if you're using one]

No comments:

Post a Comment