Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ah, the memories

I was a young teen at a 4-day summer convention of Jehovah's Witnesses.  I got a kidney and bladder infection while there.

It's a serious medical condition that is extremely treatable if you just get some antibiotics.  If not you could be in dire straits.

I was a naive girl with no idea what was happening to my body. I was feverish, in severe pain and had to pee constantly. 

My jw mother sent me to the First Aid station at the convention, which for all I know was staffed by someone with nothing more than a CPR certificate.  The sister there said I probably had a bladder infection which is proof I had sex, even though I assured her (truthfully) I had not.  Who goes around accusing 13-year-olds of having sex?  She did nothing for my medical issue.

I had to run ahead all the ladies in the bathroom line and they complained.

The drive home on the last day of the convention--day 4--was hell.  My mother was convinced I was having sex so she punished me by refusing to stop for bathroom breaks during the 3-hour drive home.  I can't explain the agony this caused.

I did not get to see a dr. when I got home.  I am lucky to have suffered no serious consequences or even death.

As if that weren't enough, the woman had informed my local elders of the "proof I had sex" and my mother and I were called to the church to be interrogated.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through that experience. JW's are taught to be judgmental and anyone with any privileges feel they are able to counsel and advise even though the majority are unqualified and often hold menial posts outside of the congregation. This is a highly controlling cult, where members are expected to obey the leadership without question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would a real JW use the phrase "to the church"? Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The term church is a term used that is understandable by people outside of the Cult. Being a cult the JW's use special language terms as means to control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. could it be that the young lady's MOTHER is the JW?

    ReplyDelete
  5. JW kids don't have a choice, they are brought up to be indoctrinated. If a child of a JW is seen not to be conforming to the cult rules, they are classed as bad association and made to feel inferior. JW kids are encouraged to be baptised at an early age, and if they fall out of line once baptised they can be disfellowshipped and shunned by friends and family.

    ReplyDelete